Is it ok to sleep with sound reduction wireless headphones on?

• P
    Favorite Answer

If it helps you sleep better then it's fine.  Otherwise I would struggle having something on my head that would make it harder to sleep sideways.   Personally I would go with a white noise machine for your bedroom since that may be more effective at blocking whatever you are trying to drown out.  

• JASON

I use wired earbuds. I usually listen to BBC radio 4 extra until 12.30, then rainfall on a podcast, and set it to turn itself off.

I have been sleeping with earbuds for over fifty years. Used to be a transistor radio so I could block out my Dad snoring. Then I got in the habit of listening to various stations - now I fall asleep to podcasts, since my husband had HIS digital radio playing softly (no earbuds).  We are both career professional classical musicians since 1973, and get our hearing tested - it is fine.  As long as you have low volume, and comgortable earbuds  ( I use COOSH - not easy to find now) you are fine.

• ?

No it is not. Electronic devices should not be used at night in order to get the best sleep. Unplug and let your mind be free to wander.

sounds uncomfortable, you're probably gonna roll around and break them or drool on them

Unless you want to have the headphone indented into your skull, then it’s fine.