Have you ever had paranormal experiences?

I grew up in a very rural farming area, in a house that was built in the 1860s. It is my only childhood home, we never moved. I and my siblings are convinced the house is haunted. I have many stories to share, but my favorite is the last one that occurred to me there:

I returned home to go through some belongings about eight years ago, and I hadn't been back to the house for several years. I was standing in my father's den (he had passed many years before) enjoying whatever I was perusing and also enjoying the sounds of footsteps directly overhead from the second floor. It was comforting household activity I'd always heard growing up. It was nice and it made me smile to myself. Then I stopped: I had made the trip alone. The house hadn't been occupied for many years. No one else was with me or in the house. I looked up at the ceiling, clearly hearing the footsteps calmly going here and there, attending to some mundane activity, and felt tremendous comfort and amusement.

• The next time you tell a story like that, go to the Circus Maximus, and tell it out there, you'll see that the monkeys will beat your Hands!

Yes I have.  But your footsteps don't count as paranormal.  Well, they do if you want them to, but they really don't.  All buildings do that, new and old, and they're designed and built to do it.

I don’t believe you, and no, I haven’t.