Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 7 days ago

What’s the worst job you’ve ever had and why?

3 days ago

I would say anything factory related because factories for some reason just make me really depressed. But customer service is more interesting and you always go home with a story to tell.

• 4 days ago

McDonald's and the newspaper printing press. 

• 5 days ago

When I was much younger I received a job at a dog food processing plant. It started at 11 pm, I decided to have a few drinks earlier in the day, went for a nap. Woke up and proceeded to go to the factory. Have you ever smelled a factory producing dog food? Not the most pleasant smell, lasted until break when I couldn't take anymore. The word nauseous comes to mind when I think about that place. I also worked at a sawdust place, that's what they made. Worked there for a day, sawdust pretty much glued my eyelids, when I woke the next morning it took about half an hour to unglue my eyelids. Also worked as a pickle pusher, the idea was to push pickles into a jar with what almost looked like a dildo. I would have to say those three were some of the worst jobs I ever attempted working at. 

• 5 days ago

complete the work of other people who are not responsible

• 6 days ago

Working for PacBell, the telephone company.  My fellow workers there were back stabbing slow witted people.  And my boss had the leadership characteristics of a pile of dung.

If you know the comic strip character, Dilbert by Scott Adams, Scott used to work in the same PacBell building that I worked in.  In other words he got his ideas about the idiots he drew and featured in Dilbert from PacBell where I worked.  

Unfortunately they were still there, in real life, when I worked at PacBell.

• 6 days ago

drug dealer because I couldn't smoke or snort what I was sealing.

• SW-6
    6 days ago

The perfume girl at a dept store when I was younger.  I hated it mainly because you could not sit, and had to walk around spraying perfume and trying to talk folks into buying it.  The hard cold floor and being in flats (heels were out of the question) made for sore, painful, aching and tired feet by lunch time.  It was terrible and I couldn't take it for too long - if I remember correctly, I quit.  :)

6 days ago

counting votes for frump

7 days ago

working for this ******** starting and finishing at his million dollar house with 2 hours free overtime every day.

• 7 days ago

I've had a few not-so-enjoyable jobs.  Probably the worst one was when I worked for a vending machine company.  The owner also owned/had partnerships with a lot of the local bars and clubs around Salt Lake City.  My job was to service their machines and empty out the change.  Some of those places were absolute DIVES!  Very dimly lit, reeked of cigarette smoke something terrible, and the managers could be really gruff and rude.  Not the most enjoyable thing, trying to empty quarters out of machines and having a drunken idiot approach you.  To them, $20 in quarters seems like several thousand dollars.  Occasionally I would also have to move coke machines and pool tables.  Pool tables were the WORST!  That's one job I don't miss in the least.