Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 2 months ago

I'm 14, 15 in a week. I want to be a volunteer at a library in about a few months. Questions are in the description ?

So how old do you have to be to volunteer?

Do you get paid? If so, how much?

Ask the library staff these questions.  I'm sure they'd appreciate your interest in volunteering for them.  The library website probably has a page explaining their volunteering program and the qualifications for and duties of volunteers.

The word "volunteer" usually means you don't get paid, but you gain skills, experience, and a sense of accomplishment, maybe even a sense of purpose.

• ?

If you volunteer you get no pay, so wait until you can be hired and than apply for a position at the library.

I betcha can find the answers on the particular library's website. 

• drip

Volunteer: freely offer to do something.

If you were getting paid you would not be a volunteer. 

• kswck2

The age of a volunteer depends on the individual place. And Volunteers do not get paid.

• Liz

You can volunteer at any age. The place you wish to volunteer at may have rules about how old you need to be to volunteer there. That is decided by each company. 

Volunteers don’t get paid. You can learn a lot and may find it is very rewarding. Volunteering can lead to a paying job.