Do The Beatles not have a signature song?

Many artist have that one signature song, witch completly over shadows their other hits and is the band or artist "most well known song" but The Beatles had heaps of songs that everyone knows. So do they really have a signature song?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

They don't have a signature song like Stairway to Heaven if that's what you're asking.  Everyone has his/her favorites and the great McCartney songs (ie Hey Jude, Let it Be, Get Back) are a bit different than the great Lennon songs (i.e Norwegian Wood, In My Life, All You Need is Love).  One interesting choice for a signature song if you have to pick one is "A Day in the Life" that has a prominent Lennon part ("I read the News Today etc") and a prominent McCartney part ("Woke up got out of bed etc.").  In fact I think the transition from the McCartney part back to the second Lennon part is one of the greatest few seconds in rock and roll history.  You also have the Harrison songs too (i.e. Here Comes the Sun, Something).  

• mars
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She Loves You? It was their biggest hit. Or A Day In The Life, Strawberry Fields, Lucy In The Sky, Let It Be..

• 2 months ago

everybody knows hey jude amazing song

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

hey jude , everyone knows it . but then most there songs you have heard of anyway .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hate em a truly f u c k i n g boyband image of the 60s

• 2 months ago

The songs that come to mind when people think about the Beatles are: I want to hold your hand (and) She loves you.  

• 2 months ago

The Beatles have so many well-known songs that it's hard to pick one single signature song for their entire career.

"Yesterday" is one of the most covered songs of all time, with at least 2,200 known cover versions.

"Hey Jude" is often seen in top 10 songs of all-time lists.

• James
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I always think of "A Hard Day's Night" as being their signature song since that was their first superhit.

That isn't to say they didn't have hits before, but "A Hard Day's Night" just blew up the charts, both in Britain and in America, beating records set by previous bands and musicians. In addition, the song was released as part of a soundtrack accompanying the movie of the same name. It was the first time a rock band had starred in their own feature film. "A Hard Day's Night" was not just a signature song for the Beatles. It was a signature song for all of Rock 'n' Roll.

Lv 7
    2 months ago

I Wanna Hold Your Hand.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No.

Artists that have a signature song either are one-hit-wonders or had a number of medium popular songs but only one song perform extremely well. 

The Beatles were neither of those things, certainly not one-hit-wonders. The Beatles had 20 songs hit number one on the Billboard charts and 34 more that made it into the Top 10. That's far too many hit songs for any one song to identify them, especially when their catalog is 300 songs deep and most Beatles fans knew them all, and most Beatles fans, if they have a favorite song or "signature song," it's not usually one that was a hugely popular one.

My "signature" Beatles song is "Across the Universe," but that never even made it onto the charts because it was never released as a single.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.