Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Do I need glasses full time?

Do I need glasses full time? My prescription is 

R: SPH -0.50 CYL -0.25 AXIS 40.0

L: SPH -0.50 CYL - 0.25 AXIS 170.0

I have a similar prescription. I wear glasses to drive at night and watch sports both live and on TV. You should get a pair of glasses, probably not the most expensive ones available to find out how much difference they make to you. There are people with prescriptions like yours that wear their glasses all of the time. There are also people with similar prescriptions that tried them on once and left them in a drawer.

It wont hurt to wear them all of the time even though it is very mild. Sure you can probably see ok without them for certain things, but your eyes will tire out easier and strain more without them.

You had an eye exam, received a prescription, and didn't ask the doctor your question?

You have mild myopia and probably don't need to wear the glasses all the time. If you're not seeing clearly, put them on.