How is Amarillo, Texas like?

Whenever I drive from Oklahoma City to Denver we would always pass by Amarillo. I felt uneasy there for some reason just thinking of how far away it is from bigger cities. Like the middle of nowhere. I feel that I would fe that way living in any state panhandle. Although it would be cool in the Oklahoma panhandle to drive for a couple hours and several different states but it would still feel isolating living there. It’s not fair to make a judgement of a city that I don’t even know so what have you guys experienced?

Favorite Answer

Well, I did live in that area for a short time. Someone I worked with described Amarillo as like an oversized truck stop. 

• ?

I have passed through there a few times.  It's about 120 miles from Lubbock.  It would be the big city for people living in the small towns in that area.  I don't know how jobs are there but I would find out about opportunities before moving there.