Does anyone still believe Kyle Rittenhouse is guilty after watching the full video compilation? ?

If so firstly, did you actually watch the video evidence? If so, where in there can you demonstrate that he did not try to flee from the initial encounter or secondary encounter? 

Update:

So I'm wondering. Was he supposed to sit there and let them continue to attack them and kill him? I'm not sure if you guys do not believe in self defense, or just would like him to die because you are politically opposed to what he did?

Update 2:

*attack him

Update 3:

" I don't understand the opinion you appear to have that fleeing/not fleeing is related to guilt or innocence." 

He fled from his attackers before shooting them. Did you actually watch the video? Why are you under the assumption he went there, shot someone, and then fled? If you watched the video you would see where he was being chased by someone trying to attack him before he shot. That is what I'm talking about. 

Update 4:

" first when he shot that guy in the head and then ran away."

He ran away then shot the guy, he stayed, called 911, then ran after that when the mob started chasing him

Update 5:

rev ricky He wanted to kill black people? Yes, that's why the people he shot who attacked him were two white pedophiles. 

Update 6:

Most of the people claiming they watched the videos clearly did not, or they just ideologically side with the attackers so don't care. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

His is going to be very tricky, and involves a number of things that make it hard to say overall how the case will go.  We know that he did obtain the gun illegally, and it's not a gun he should have had anyways, either.  That being said, we know what led to his actions, and that he was indeed attacked first.  It's important to note that the first man who was shot had been involved in lighting various fires, and was with a group attempting to light a gas station on fire.  Kyle putting out one of the fires is what got him involved with Rosenbaum, who can also be seen on camera attacking Kyle, along with the group he was with.  As far as the second man who was killed, he was with a group of people who were also seen on camera chasing, and attacking Kyle.  Huber can be seen attacking Kyle with a skateboard, before being shot. 

Like you pointed out, all of this was recorded, so it's not a matter of his words against theirs.  Anyone stating otherwise, or that anything else occurred has either not watched the video, or is blatantly lying just because they agree with the attackers ideals, as in setting random items and businesses on fire, and attacking random people for no particular reason. As far as why he was arrested, well, he did have the gun illegally.  It's a very controversial and touchy situation, so charging him was the right thing to do, to avoid further problems.  That being said, the chances of him being convicted of the shootings, at least in a more serious charge, are really up to a jury, because his actions were textbook self defense.  The biggest argument against that is the fact that he was "already there, ready for a confrontation".  While that's true, it's irrelevant to what happened, as someone just being there doesn't warrant them being attacked by a mob. 

It's just a very complicated case.  My best guess is that he will be successfully convicted of the weapons charges, but he will be found either guilty of a much lesser charge(s) involving the shootings, or it will be a mistrial due to a jury being unable to agree on his guilt.  I think the problem with a lot of people is that they want to make this about race, when it's not about that whatsoever.  In a normal situation, someone would expect not to be attacked and threatened for putting out a dumpster fire.  There's no excuse to chase and attack someone for it.  Neither "man" has any innocence in their encounter with Kyle. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He wasn't shot like Jacob blake(almost was dead) and George floyd. He was taken in handcuffs unharmed. 

• 2 months ago

He is guilty, but since he is a friend to the pigs and the racist in chief he will get off.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

He wasn't supposed to "sit there" because he wasn't supposed to be there (in a neighboring state "protecting" the businesses of strangers). His parents should be in prison IMHO. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If I were attacked by a violent rowdy mob, I would have reacted in the same manner. He is only guilty of trying to protect himself which should be his right.

• 2 months ago

He went looking for trouble and he got himself into it, he is a guilty as they come.

• 2 months ago

That's easy. He obtained a long gun illegally. He left his home state to go to kill some black people. It's the definition of premeditated. He was chagrined that he killed white people. He should spend the rest of his life in jail.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think Rittenhouse has a good case for self defense in the second encounter, but not in the first when he shot that guy in the head and then ran away.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes he is still guilty.

• 2 months ago

I think the issue most people have is that he travelled TO the place of unrest with a firearm.  You don't really do that unless you are looking to use that firearm.  He wanted to be a big tough guy, and now he may go to jail for it.  He made a decision, he will suffer any consequences that come.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.