?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 2 months ago

When do you think Family Guy will be cancelled for good?

The show was never amazing, but has definitely been declining in quality, just like The Simpsons and South Park. S. Macfarlane, if anything, has an even more cynical personality than Matt Groening, so I suspect he will continue until it becomes unprofitable.

They've tried to cancel Family Guy before but it hasn't worked because it's hugely popular. However, both the quality and the viewing figures are going down. With some of their episodes it's obvious they are running out of ideas (Stewie sees a therapist, Cutawayland).

• ?

When people stop watching it.

I felt like Family Guy was amusing at first, but the formula was really very limiting and the original cancellation after 3 seasons was really just about right.  The formula was already getting tired at that point.  This was a show that never had much in terms of story or good character.  South Park was right when they made their manatee episode about family guy.

Groening isn't why Simpsons lasted forever.  Groening, Brooks, and Simon actually were all gone by the time Simpsons began it's decline in season 8.  

I disagree. It is true that the humor has changed in the past few years, but I feel like it has become more intelligent humor, and they have gotten away from the cutaways. I don't think the creativity is gone, I actually feel like they have done a pretty good job of keeping the creative edge over the course of 20 years. It probably won't ever get cancelled, but I do think at some point in the next few years MacFarlane will call it quits. 

I do agree that the episode where Stewie sees a therapist was weird. I wasn't a fan of that.