Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 2 months ago

Is it strange how England is full of Americans, whereas Canada has hardly any Americans?

I was in London 10 years ago, as an American, and that city was FULL of people like me. Also many Australians, Spaniards (who were uppity and acted like they owned the place), Polish, South Africans, Romanians, French, etc. I thought to myself "Where are all the goddamn Brits?!" And it wasn't just London; Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, Brighton, Nottingham......hell, even small villages were filled with foreigners.

Anyhow, I much prefer Canada. Because nobody wants to go there, or visit the place, apart from Asians. Even in a city like Toronto (which I preferred to London by alot), the diversity was mostly Chinese and a few Indians and blacks. No Americans at all. No Aussies or Spaniards or Polish either. The whites there were actually Canadians. It felt good to be the token American somewhere for once. 

You know, Americans always rag on Canada but that's their problem.

Btw, this is/was pre-Covid. 

@Needful Sinner, I am aware that the border is closed for now, and that no Americans have gone up ever since (unless for essential purposes). And for the time being, I'm staying down here in the US. 

Trump being gone for good (despite far right fools desperately trying to have him keep his job) and 2 effective vaccines (ready as early as next spring) will help.

• ?

"I am aware that the border is closed for now, and that no Americans have gone up ever since (unless for essential purposes). And for the time being, I'm staying down here in the US"

I hear the USA is expected to reach 4000 corona cases a day by christmas, good luck :)

a little while back i was in canada.. town called brantford ...south of toronto ..needed to drive to toronto and turn west ..to the lakes ..had a hire car ..no sat nav ..i stopped a dozen times ..and could not find a single person who spoke english !!...i got there by sheer luck .we were in EU  ..so its normal for people from other countries to be there ..but to say it was full of americans is rubbish 

• ?

Pre Covid we had over 600,000 Americans living in Canada.

Yaaaaaaawwwwwn........