M asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

What is your first memory?

What is the first memory you have? How old were you? Is it happy or sad?

Favorite Answer

I can remember back to our house in the Netherlands, which we moved out of just before I turned two. I don't know which memory comes first, though. I remember standing in front of the fridge with my hands on the metal and feeling the coldness of it. I remember holding onto the wooden walls to keep myself from falling as I toddled down the hallway and feeling the bumpyness of the wood. I remember lying on the floor of the living room and staring at ceiling with headphones on that my dad had put on me and listening to music. These are just a few of the things I remember from that time, but I can't place them in order and they are such random memories, my parents can't help me other than to verify that they're from the Netherlands and from before I turned two.  

My earliest memories don't really have an order in which they happened but more so in the time and place of those memories.

I remember the wallpaper in my room, the grand stairway in the house, the pantry and refrigerator alcove in the kitchen, a huge tin of olive oil under the kitchen sink, the front stoop, my pet turtle, the neighbor who knit us mittens, the rail road tracks by the candy store, church.

All those memories were when my family lived with our grandparents. We moved when I was 3 1/2 years old. So, my memory goes back to when I was about 3, I guess.

i remember throwing up on my own leg after eating an ungodly amount of pancakes at like 2 or something

8-mths-1 year. Its very black, foggy, and blue,. Here I am shaking a rattle and hitting it on the floor.

Waking up in early morning and eating some cereal zxjqfph

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• garry

first sad , stuck my head out and thought , what a boring place , wanted to go back . hope my funeral is better .

I remember peeing on my aunt.

I was around 1.

• ?

I'm not sure if it's a memory, or a memory created from a photograph. I'm sat on a square grass lawn, and there are pink roses around the borders, and my mother and father are sat with me. The sky is overcast. I must be about three or four. I have a slightly blurred photo of myself touching a pink rose and I'm wearing a blue baby grow.

Me laying in my parents bed drinking my baby bottle with chocolate milk.

Eating cheese and crackers and watching the wheel spin on Wheel If Fortune