Which paranormal humanoid is more scarier, Slender Man or the Crooked Man?

• Well! If you like Tarzan's monkeys, you can try with them, though, be careful they have black and long hair, while you, are you blonde?

Since both of them rank about a 1.3 on the Scare-O-Meter (the Undertaker from wrestling ranks a 5, just for comparison), I'd have to go with the slender guy.  But not by much.

The slender guy has a much better fan-fiction backstory, way more followers and his own low budget b-movie.  The crooked man just gets a supporting villain role in a really cheesy supernatural thriller.

• Dr. NG

Neither seems "more scary" to me, both being very silly characters after all. I do have a preference, Slenderman. Crooked Man is from those inane "Conjuring" movies involving the paranormal hucksters the Warrens. I love a good paranormal movie, but the Conjuring and it's offshoots are terrible cliche ridden flicks depending way too much on jump scenes.

Crooked Man is way scarier, he is totally bent. Slender Man just needs a good woman to feed him some delicious snacks. 

That is a question of personal choice, just like asking which is the best car or the best spice girl. (a question I was once asked in a pub)

EDIT! Hmm! it seems that the denialists think I'm wrong and one is scarier. It just shows, it must be awful to be scared of your shadow, poor mites. I wonder what your thoughts are on the Yucca man?

• KennyB

They are both imagined. You get to pick the one that scares you most.

They seem more "mythological", as in "urban mythological".