R U a elvis presley fan. what did u like or dislike  about him?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes I did like him. He and Michael Jackson are the only two entertainers that I know of who had the same kind of phenomenal fame in their careers 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, I am a fan. People who accuse him of "stealing" the music of African-Americans don't get it. The authors of the songs he covered received their royalties from the Elvis version of their songs at a time when they (wrongly!) could not get on mainstream radio. Absolutely no songwriter was thinking, oh no, Elvis recorded my song now... I'll be getting royalty checks for the rest of my life!

I actually like some of his films. Fred McNair is priceless in Blue Hawaii. His films were mostly a lighthearted look at subcultures from beach bums to crop dusters to stock car racers. Yeah, kind of cheesy-but people enjoyed them and learned something of what it was to be a tanker in post-war Germany or whatever. 

• 2 months ago

I quite liked his music before he was drafted into the military.  From then, I liked it less & less until by the end (the so-called "Fat Elvis" years) I felt he'd become only a parody of himself.  Never had much use for his acting career.  

In a shop on Hamburg's Reeperbahn in 2005, I saw the legendary "Elvis Presley Commemorative Dildos."  All about 20 cm. (8 in.) long, there was a "Classic Elvis" in black, imitating his leather garb.  "Musical Elvis" was the same, but he was playing his guitar (for the "kinky" types).  "Fat Elvis" was much thicker & in white.  I was told it was the best-seller.     

• 2 months ago

I like a few of his songs and same goes for his movies...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

When I got older, I started to appreciate him. Love his voice and watching the '68 Comeback Special.

• 2 months ago

Love Elvis, especially the early Sun recordings but love his later stuff too, particularly the Memphis sessions from 1969.

• 2 months ago

I like his music.  I don't know much else about him.

• 2 months ago

Yes I'm an Elvis fan, it was my mother who got me on to him, I just like his coolness and music, especially his seventies music which was mainly sad ballads.

• 2 months ago

yes and I like here comes santa claus by elvis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWcFiGKm-JU

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.