Wrong gas in 2000 Yamaha wave runner. Need help!?

Im looking at buying a 2000 Yamaha wave runner. It’s a 2 stroke and the previous owner didn’t add oil/ used regular gas and it won’t run. What exactly could be wrong with it now and how would I fix it?

Any idea on how much it would cost to fix? (Mechanic vs doing it myself)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

how about putting in new fuel with oil in it , can be anything you thought of that , see a marine mechanic you fool ..

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nothing for it but to have the fuel tank pumped out!

Source(s): My mom putting diesel in our gas van.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

no idea, as we have no idea of your mechanical knowledge

• fuzzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pistons & rings seized due to lack of lubrication. If lucy may be able to free them up with a premium penetrant but almost certainly some loss of performance & engine life. If you're not lucky the crankshaft bearings are U/S as well. New engine time.

Ring round & find the price of a new engine & offer him his asking price minus that for it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I wouldn't buy anything from a seller that is that stupid.

• 2 months ago

It would run until the engine seized up due to lack of oil. It is junk.

• 2 months ago

The pistons are likely seized up in the cylinders. Price out a new motor.

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You better be getting it for free, then look for a new engine, rebuilt runs about $1500

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Could be one of a hundred things wrong with it. You don't have a clue so trying to fix it yourself would be pointless. How much money can you spare if it turns out to be junk?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's likely that the pistons, piston rings, and cylinder sleeves have been damaged.  In some cases, engines that have "frozen" due to overheating (either from running with no oil added to the fuel, or from fuel that has more alcohol that the manufacturer says can be tolerated) can be freed up with a super penetrant...but they never work quite right again.  Presumably you want a WaveRunner that can perform reliably at all throttle settings.  So you would have to actually have the engine removed from the craft and have the damaged parts replaced.  I can't estimate the cost of that, but it'll certainly be substantial.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.