People who prefer well done beef, why? ?

Is it a texture thing or taste? Like I love rare steak but can only eat hamburgers well done because of the texture. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well done beef is healthier because it cooks off more of the fat and oil‘s plus it lessens the chance of bacterial infection and viruses.

• 2 months ago

They like it because it tastes better

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Everyone has different tastes, I usually have my beef 'medium well'.  

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Despite all the claims that raw beef can contain virus's, parasites, etc. they are still rare. Some people are just taught that way and cannot stomach it any other way. Some folks swear the texture is different. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would definitely say its a texture thing. and the outer layer of the beef is more cooked and smoked type of thing so it mixes with the taste eventually 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Raw meat can transmit viruses, parasites, and bacteria.  Well done beef is safer - it usually suffers in terms of tenderness, but it can still be quite tasty.  In particular, the flavor of fats changes and becomes more noticeable when they've undergone higher temperatures.  Really tough cuts of beef can become very tender if roasted at a moderate temperature for a long period.  So there's something to be said for cooking beef until it's past "medium", and it doesn't have to do with "crunch" or "charred spots".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.