Can belle be a boy name?

Can it or is this a stupid question.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

'Belle ' is one of my favourite female names. 

It definitely cannot be considered,however, as a masculine one. 

• 2 months ago

You can name your child as you wish.But Remember they will have that name forever.And kids are cruel and will tease him of his name.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It’s a stupid question 

• U Wish
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Yeah that's a great name for a boy... if you want him to be a punching bag for bullies. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It can, but I can guarantee that poor kid is going to take a beating at school every day of his life. 

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Not likely.  When parents are expecting and decide to sit down and come up with a name.............remember this, will this name cause my child to be teased/bullied in school?

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I have a friend named Aria.  He’s not Italian and his parents aren’t really into opera.  He’s got a brother named Alexis and a sister named Axel.  I don’t see why Belle can’t be a boy name.  Aside from it meaning beauty specifically for girls where the boy equivilant is beau.  It won’t matter of you don’t meet anyone who doesn’t have a loght grasp of the French language

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You could name a boy Belle but I sure as heck wouldn't.  If you DO do it, at least spell it Bell.

• blank
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Any name could technically  be used for any gender. But some names sound better on males and some on females. Belle is to much of a female name.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. The boy version of Belle is Beau. Belle is the feminine version of the word "beautiful" in French and Beau is the masculine version of the word "beautiful" in French.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.