Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 2 months ago

Is it possible to make a living with an online boutique?

By "make a living", I mean this would be my only income.

I have chronic conditions which make it hard for me to get up and go to work every morning, and to top it off, I'm just so mentally exhausted from dealing with my job because there's a chance they may fire me soon due to not "working or thinking fast enough" when they know I have things going on with me.

I love fashion, and it would be a dream to make a living from it. I'm just wondering if it would actually be possible...

• ?

Yeah...if you have a good business plan.  I've been buying and liking a lot of on-line clothing recently.

Yes it is.  In the last 2 years I have bought a lot more clothing from on line shops that have NO 'Brick and mortar' retail stores to back them up.

I also understand that  retail (clothing) managers average $3,400. per month in income.

So, before you make a final decision, make a business plan that shows where the profits are and where the expenses are.

Call your lawyer to make you a plan for an on-line shop or boutique or go to Fiverr and get one...or use the books at the library and make one yourself.

Possible? Yes, Likely No. In fact your odds would be terrible.

Pipedream.

Yes, many people do, but more people do it as a hobby. You can do this without too much investment, and build it up over time, trying different things.