Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 2 months ago

How did you like the ending of The Americans?

I stopped watching at season 3 and now I'll watch everything again. How was seasons 4, 5 and 6? Did it got better and better?

*No spoilers for the love of God*

@Entropy: i don't remember much of where i left the show, i just remember that the main guy was pretending to be a minor and smoking weed with a girl so he could get inside her house cause her dad is like from the FBI or something. Also i remember a scene where the main girl makes an old woman kill herself by taking pills, i actually shed a tear while watching that scene.

Favorite Answer

I don't know how to talk about it meaningfully without spoilers, but I'll try.

I thought it was just okay at first.  Then, somewhere in the middle of the show's run (not sure if you've gotten there yet) a certain thing happened that I thought made things alot more interesting.  I enjoyed it alot up until the end.

But like alot of shows, I wasn't fond of the finale.  The ending scene in the garage and then at the train contained a couple actions that just seemed irrational to me.  They involved characters doing things that I felt were out of character and unjustified.  

But I enjoyed the ride up to that point.

• Joe

That was an excellent show, from the first episode to the last.  I think you'll be pleased.

Enjoy it!