? asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

How much are pennies from the 40s and 50s worth?

One cent  Unless they are the led pennies used during the war.,

From whose currency? I still have some UK pennies drifting about from that era.

But perhaps you mean American pennies.

Do remember that this is an international forum.

• fuzzy

Keep dragging a magnet thru them, I understand that war time steel ones are getting hard to find

I have dozens of Pennies with Queen Victoria on them and a couple of Charles 3 not worth much

Go to the library and see for yourself

• ?

why dont you go to the library and look them up , also learn about grading a coin .

• ?

Ask my boyfriend. I dunno. 

• 1465

Depends on a number of things - the year, the mint mark, and the condition. Your average US cent from those years in circulated condition are worth little or nothing more than face value.

There are a few that bring a premium such as the 1955 double-die or the 1943 copper or the 1944 steel cent. These are worth much more than face value in any condition because of their scarcity.

There are a few other examples including off-center and wrong planchets. If you have something that appears "odd" or different than the ordinary, you should let someone who knows something about numismatics evaluate it for you.

Diddly, unless in mint condition. Then, about....10 cents?

Just over 1 cent.  In Canada, pennies cost 1, and 1/4 cents to make (which is why they were discontinued), so, they are worth a bit more than one cent because of the metal content.  Some WWII version ones might be worth a little more, but, not by all that much.