Why is it that I have issues whenever potential  employers run background checks on me and they claim they can't find me? ?

I know for a fact I am an American citizen! I have a birth certificate, socail security card, and a state issued ID! I now have 2 credit cards and a credit score of 720!  I've had issues with my socail security number since I turned 18 in 2008 and had to prove I was female to the selective service because they wanted me to register.  But it seems like when I am up for a very well paying job that does thorough background checks I get denied  because they can't find any information on me!! 

The first time it happened I was only 19 so I thought it was just because there was nothing to find.  But now I'm 31.  My life may not be completely  together but  I've never been arrested.  I've only moved 4 times since I was 18,.. I don't drive because I have seizures, so there aren't any driving records.  But I have been sued for medical bills and other things and I've built my credit up to be in good standing, which  wasn't easy because I can't even check my credit online because all of the security  questions ask about  a mortgage  loan back in 1994..I was 4 years old in 1994. I have to send a photocopy of my ID everytime I want to check my credit. 

I am the only person in my family to have these issues. My twin sister doesn't have any issues. I've even been on public assistance  before. My son gets disability insurance because he is nonverbal.  We can  trace our family history all the way back to the late 1700s  in Virginia, so no recent immigration. Im not adopted 

And yes I've tried to figure this out but every government agency that I call says they cannot do anything without any evidence and everything pretty much expires after 7 years.  So even though the security  questions do not allow me access to my own information, they cannot use it as evidence because it is not something they can see on thier side.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.