American Passport ?

I was born in England, I've always lived in England. My mother is English but my biological father is 100% American & he's lived there his entire life barring the 3 years he studied in this country (UK) they split when I was 2 years old & he moved back to America & I've not seen or heard from him in over 20 years. But I really want an American passport I have a Social Security number but a non permitted to work one. I am in contact with my step brother who is full American in his 20s & has never left America. Is it possible to get an American passport through my step brother without having to contact to biological father & without my mother in England knowing I'm applying I am over 18 years old. If it is possible what do I need to do & if it's not possible how simple would it be to get one through my biological father if I travelled over there next year 2021?

Thanks in advance for any replies x


Also my parents were married at the time of my birth

3 Answers

  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Doubtful.  You are not a "natural-born" US citizen, and you have not been naturalized.

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    If your father was a US citizen at the time of your birth you're probably already a US citizen yourself. You shouldn't need to contact your father to prove this as your birth certificate would serve that purpose. Try to apply for a US passport through a US Consulate in the UK. This may be much easier than you imagine. 

  • 2 months ago

    Immigration lawyer could be in your future.  Not sure if you have to renounce UK citizenship.  Most times no.

    Read details at

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.