American Passport ?

I was born in England, I've always lived in England. My mother is English but my biological father is 100% American & he's lived there his entire life barring the 3 years he studied in this country (UK) they split when I was 2 years old & he moved back to America & I've not seen or heard from him in over 20 years. But I really want an American passport I have a Social Security number but a non permitted to work one. I am in contact with my step brother who is full American in his 20s & has never left America. Is it possible to get an American passport through my step brother without having to contact to biological father & without my mother in England knowing I'm applying I am over 18 years old. If it is possible what do I need to do & if it's not possible how simple would it be to get one through my biological father if I travelled over there next year 2021?

Thanks in advance for any replies x

Update:

Also my parents were married at the time of my birth

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Doubtful.  You are not a "natural-born" US citizen, and you have not been naturalized.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If your father was a US citizen at the time of your birth you're probably already a US citizen yourself. You shouldn't need to contact your father to prove this as your birth certificate would serve that purpose. Try to apply for a US passport through a US Consulate in the UK. This may be much easier than you imagine. 

• 2 months ago

Immigration lawyer could be in your future.  Not sure if you have to renounce UK citizenship.  Most times no.

Read details at https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birt...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.