? asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Do you miss yahoo answers when they allowed you to reply to peoples answers and comments?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Sometimes, but sometimes not.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

glad they got rid of it because some would write nasty and rude comments and you block them so they would wrote in someone's answer in the comment section

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

No, I don't miss the nasty comments.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

sure.  you would get notifications too.  it's easier doing that than updating you question all the time when people who answer may not go back to it ever again.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • jimm
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yeah we all got petitions for them to add them back, top 3 user suggested editions were all bring back comments.

The liberals are yahoo didn't want their komrades to keep getting crushed by logical Conservative arguments so there's no way they'd bring them back.

So much for free speech, liberals are just fascists.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Comments, sure

and email/IM too

but questions about the answerer are not allowed

Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, not at all. YA isn't a chat site and there is no need to respond to people's answers (not to mention, quite a few people never saw the comments under their answers). YA existed for many years without the comment function, and did well (was at its most popular). 

FYI, questions asking how the users feel about something are considered chat violations. The site is for information seeking questions (ones with answers that may provide info that others may find useful).

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nah I dont miss it I think its Peaceful without it a lot of people Cyber Bully other people around in Comments 

• 2 months ago

I'm glad it's gone because it means I waste less time here but that obviously means it was a bad choice for them if it means people spend less time here. The point of almost any website is to keep people on site and raise more revnue through ads if not through selling items.

• 2 months ago

No, it got nasty and who needs more of that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.