Do you agree that student loans should cancelled while our bills we still have to pay?

Favorite Answer

I think people should need to pay both, heck I have a lot of college loans yet and I would prefer to pay on them rather than have the government take care of them!

People say you shouldn't take out student loans if you can't afford to repay them. Then they say that you should go to college if you want a high paying career.

What they really want to say though is that poor people shouldn't go to college. Poor people are a burden on them and their taxes and all that **** but they just don't want to say it.

So yeah, I think student loans should be cancelled. Education shouldn't be accessible only to those who can afford it.

Student loans are financial burdens that you are obligated to repay. Why should taxpayers have to support you in this? Our burden is already too high.

• ?

I think you shouldn’t have taken out a student loan that wasn’t going to provide you with a high paying job. You wasted your money if you went tens of thousands in debt and now can’t even pay your bills 

wrong section, but if you borrow, you should pay

• T J

Not at all, you made the loan, pay it. Why do you think someone else should pay your bills?

• A few long-term solutions for my friends south of the border:

-Public universities have gotten way too expensive because your state governments keep jacking up tuition rather than increase taxes. So college students end up getting taxed.

-Students can't even write off college debt if they file for bankruptcy protection.  So it's okay for your President to write off $400mm in loans, but someone up to their eyeballs in student loan debt can't write off their student loans.

-The interest rates are borderline usury which is further causing harm.

-Why you don't have 'earn to learn/earned tuition programs' (you don't) that would allow students to 'earn' money through public service towards their education befuddles me.

What's happening is you have an entire generation who aren't buying homes or participating in the economy beyond paying tens of thousands (if not more) in interest payments.  Your economy is suffering as a result of this.  Your government gave billions to billionaires which serves no practical purpose, but won't lift a finger where it would actually give your economy a kick start.