Erik asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

How to check credit score?

Hi,

I have my 21st birthday coming soon, and I want to move out of my parents' house. I want to apply for a loan to move out, along with getting an apartment (obv). I want to be able to check my credit score, but I'm not sure how to do that. What's the best website to do it without affecting my credit score?

Thank you,

Erik

If you need to borrow money to be able to move out, after presumably living very cheaply at your parents. Then believe me when I say you aren't in a position to live independently

I use credit karma and credit sesame but those scores are NOT FICO. Credit karma and credit sesame is vantage score 

Really, any of them, because checking your score yourself is not supposed to affect your score.  It is supposed to be affected only if someone else checks it.

credit karma. But you are not getting a loan anytime soon.

• ?

You cannot get a loan to move out. Some credit card companies let you look at your credit score for free. There is also annualcreditreport.com.  A strategy is to get a free credit report every 4 months alternating between the 3 service bureaus.

Loans are not for everyday expenses.

If you haven't saved the money, plus a 6 month emergency fund, you aren't ready to move.

annualcreditreport.com