Erik asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

How to check credit score?

Hi,

I have my 21st birthday coming soon, and I want to move out of my parents' house. I want to apply for a loan to move out, along with getting an apartment (obv). I want to be able to check my credit score, but I'm not sure how to do that. What's the best website to do it without affecting my credit score?

Thank you,

Erik

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If you need to borrow money to be able to move out, after presumably living very cheaply at your parents. Then believe me when I say you aren't in a position to live independently

• 2 months ago

I use credit karma and credit sesame but those scores are NOT FICO. Credit karma and credit sesame is vantage score 

• 2 months ago

Really, any of them, because checking your score yourself is not supposed to affect your score.  It is supposed to be affected only if someone else checks it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

credit karma. But you are not getting a loan anytime soon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You cannot get a loan to move out. Some credit card companies let you look at your credit score for free. There is also annualcreditreport.com.  A strategy is to get a free credit report every 4 months alternating between the 3 service bureaus.

• 2 months ago

Loans are not for everyday expenses.

If you haven't saved the money, plus a 6 month emergency fund, you aren't ready to move.

annualcreditreport.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.