Is there are place on answers where people aren't going out of the way to attack you and simply try to answer questions without hostility?

Maybe there are just a lot of people that are angry in general.

A person that goes through life one failure after another get bitter and they often have a slanted views on anything that crosses them. My advice for you is to stop crying long enough to view life though open eyes and stop being a failure. Being failure is a choice.

More to the point, are there actually people on here who ask questions that aren't hostile and trollish?  I've found damned few of them and I tend to answer questions in the spirit in which they were obviously asked.

Nowhere is safe ...

There?are?a VERY few people in a VERY few categories where a few people try very hard to answer questions directly and honestly without insulting anyone. Hiwever, that becomes very difficult when certain people insist on posting provoking.bait and fish quest wth false facts. When someone who is pretty well known in THIS subcategory posts?a personally targeted question in Astronomy & Space asking what was the satellite was no longer a planet, that was VERY obviously meant for ME to see if I would lose my temper. It didn't work. I should get vest answer, but I know that will not happen. 

• Daniel

Nope If you post a Question there is always gonna be a Risk of that Happening its Best to Just Ignore them and Report there Answers 

• LAN

Not if all you ever do is spam the same idiocy over and over.

• .

Probably, but then unless you had valid questions or appropriate answers for posts in that category or subcategory, it wouldn't matter. If you are experiencing issues, report the posts that are violations. You may also want to review the categories and subcategories and find one or more others in which you have an interest, and take a look at them to see if the posts there are as hostile/attacking as what you are currently experiencing wherever you're currenting posting. 

.

Your activity indicates you have a question about space/time in the Religion & Spirituality subcategory, and something like that may be part of your issue (leaving your question in a location where it is not relevant/appropriate). If the YA algorithm places your question in an unsuitable subcategory, you may (and should) immediately relocate the question to a subcategory relevant to the topic.

Home and garden areas are nice.  Helpful tips there like decorating and DIY