Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 2 months ago

Have you ever heard the saying, "There are no good neighborhoods in Vegas?" ?

I have never heard that.............

I have lived here for 36 years.  There are really nice neighborhoods in Summerlin and Green Valley. I have friends that own homes in these neighborhoods.  I don't live in a neighborhood though.  I live on my ranch on the outskirts of Las Vegas.

No neighbors for 1.5 miles. 

• Lisa

I've not heard this saying.  However, I might partly agree with it.  There are certainly wealthy neighborhoods in Las Vegas, and many of them are safe. But are they good?  It depends upon how you define it.  

Most Las Vegas neighborhoods are quite similar.  They use a lot of the same colors, they often have very minimal yard sizes per house, they are very often in the same style, and the vegetation is similar.  It's just that some housing developments have larger houses with more goodies and more security.  The shopping areas also tend to be extremely similar.  The same supermarkets.  The same coffee shops.  The same look.  The same feel.  Just some are more upscale than others.  

If you like the look and feel of all this sameness, then you can find what looks like a "good" neighborhood and, if you can afford it, you can move in.  But do you like that sort of sameness?  I sure don't.  That's why I used to live in Las Vegas and now I live elsewhere.

The truth is that many cities in the southwest look and feel a lot like Vegas (except without the gambling).  Tucson and Phoenix, for instance, have a lot in common with the style and feel of Las Vegas.  Parts of Los Angeles do, too.  

Personally, I much prefer a little more style and creativity.

no, that's false. you must not be from here...

No, and not true