My hollow point bullets aren't exploding inside my target, any brand that explodes in a target?

• Mr.357
    Favorite Answer

Perhaps you need a different bullet.  Hollow points are made to expand when they hit something substantial.

They are not supposed to explode, they expand causing more damage and impart the energy into the target.

Fragmentation bullets may separate into smaller shrapnel with similar effect.

No projectiles that are commercially available explode on impact. There are some that are designed to break into pieces upon impact. I prefer a jacketed hollow point with good expansion in order to create the largest wound cavity possible. 

God forbid you would ever have to shoot anyone that poses a threat, or dangerous game, with a projectile that simply splinters. 

I saw CTM and he looks just like Joe Biden. He likes hollow points because

they explodes when they hit the target.

• Robin

No none explode at all 

Weapons will be banned on December 1st. Seizing will be December 2nd-23rd.

• BBean

No wonder...they`re hollow, you know. There`s no stuff inside them to explode.

• C T M

Yes, you need to contact ACME and have them send you their catalog. The exploding bullets are on the same page as their giant catapults and rocket powered roller skates.

Source(s): I used to watch documentaries about it every Saturday morning when I was a child.
  • L.N.

You've been watching too many movies. That is not how hollow points work. They are designed to expand so that they penetrate less and transfer more of their energy into the target increasing the shock. If a bullet passes through it's target, that energy is wasted and could potentially injure someone beyond the intended target. An expanding design allows for better ballistic coefficient while in flight with improved terminal ballistics. 

If you want a round that actually fragments then look into frangible rounds. Fragmentation is something that normal bullet designs try to prevent.

Hollow points don't explode but rather deform when they hit the right target. Bullets that explode are illegal and not something you can purchase.