Is this clumsy or sounds natural to you?

I took a photo and sent a photo of the top of the hill to a friend of mine because I remembered of him and I want to establish a good bond of friendship with him.

Favorite Answer

Try to think what You want to say. Then break it down. Keep it simple, so the meaning is clear to understand.

You could try.

I took a photo of the top of the hill, and sent it to a friend of mine, as a means of bonding with him.

Or

I took a photo of the top of the hill, and sent it to a friend of mine, to share the pleasure of the experience with him.

Or 

As I took a photo of the top of the hill, I was reminded of my friend, so I sent him a copy to remember me by.

• ?

So I'm going to give you another yet another option on streamlining your sentence:

Because it reminded me of him, I took and sent a photo of a hilltop to my friend in effort to further strengthen the bond our friendship.

I get what the idea of the sentence is conveying, but this is clumsy. I will help you a bit. Try this:

I took a photo of the top of a hill and sent it to a friend of mine, as I remembered how nice he was and wanted to strenghten our friendship.

• RP

I sent a photo of a friend of mine at the top of the hill because I wanted him to know I was thinking of him and to reinforce our friendship.

• ?

Neither clumsy, nor natural.

run-on sentence and I am out of breath just reading it.  And there are errors.  I would not call it natural-sounding, no.