Is this clumsy or sounds natural to you?

I took a photo and sent a photo of the top of the hill to a friend of mine because I remembered of him and I want to establish a good bond of friendship with him.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Try to think what You want to say. Then break it down. Keep it simple, so the meaning is clear to understand.

You could try.

I took a photo of the top of the hill, and sent it to a friend of mine, as a means of bonding with him.

Or

I took a photo of the top of the hill, and sent it to a friend of mine, to share the pleasure of the experience with him.

Or 

As I took a photo of the top of the hill, I was reminded of my friend, so I sent him a copy to remember me by.

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

So I'm going to give you another yet another option on streamlining your sentence:

Because it reminded me of him, I took and sent a photo of a hilltop to my friend in effort to further strengthen the bond our friendship.

• 2 months ago

I get what the idea of the sentence is conveying, but this is clumsy. I will help you a bit. Try this:

I took a photo of the top of a hill and sent it to a friend of mine, as I remembered how nice he was and wanted to strenghten our friendship.

• RP
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I sent a photo of a friend of mine at the top of the hill because I wanted him to know I was thinking of him and to reinforce our friendship.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Neither clumsy, nor natural.

• 2 months ago

run-on sentence and I am out of breath just reading it.  And there are errors.  I would not call it natural-sounding, no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.