Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 2 months ago

So KDB has hit out at the fixture pile-up and handball law then ?

“I’ve been playing professional football for 12 years. In the first nine years there were no rule changes and in the last three years there’ve been a lot of rule changes. I don’t why, football is such a nice game. The people who make the rules should be people in the game. I don’t know who makes them.” ~ Kevin De Bruyne

Personally I agree with some of what hes saying, mainly the handball rules. 

what do you lot make of his 'damning attack' on football authorities ?

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-bruyne-hits...

• he's a little confused like many people, and changing from a known status quo, is never easy

I agree with KDB. The new rule changes for handball are screwing up the game.

• ?

Boohoo, I have to play twice a week to collect a measly £350 000. Cancell Christmas!

To be fair he has a point ee handball. I didn’t see this one, but there have been some stupid decisions both given and denied.

I’ve lost track of what the actual wording of the law is, but I thought it was meant to be only when deliberate.

We’ve had it given when players are not even looking at the ball, hits their arm when jumping , ( try jumping with hands by your side) or are so close their reactions couldn’t possibly get their hands to the ball quick enough. The latter is due to VAR as slowed down , this can look ver deliberate.

Also, different strictness is applied to a defender handling to give a penalty, and a striker handling to score.

Taking of which, RIP Maradona even if you were a cheating druggy.

• ?

He's right, that hand ball decision was pretty sketchy. 

• ?

Well as Adam said he wouldn't be talking like this had the decisions gone in City's favour instead. He is right though but I think it just shows the frustration is coming through at City's season hopefully a collapse is evident idk about you but I am so tired of seeing City up near the top of the table lol. KBD is a good player but he has a bit of a temper as well he's a bit of a hot head doesn't think before he acts or talks so doesn't realise he sounds like a baby but that said his comments are more or less spot on. Football is such a simple game I don't know why they are trying to complicate it

• ?

I'd agree with him more if he said it after a win, this comes across as a bloke whining that they got beat

• August

Got to agree with him and it will now have to be the players themselves who complain about the rules and not the managers, because nobody is listening to them 

• CMD

Hand ball rule is easy.

Don't touch the ball with you lower arm and it won't be a hand ball...pretty obviously really.

If Gabriel Jesus had controlled the ball who he did in 2010 it still would have been disallowed because he used his for arm, which you have NEVER been allowed to do.

Ginger bollox needs to stop whiney just because they lost to Spurs….again.