Is it bad to ask if I can do part time when I applied for full time ?

I applied for a full time position at McDonald’s I had my first interview today and I accepted to do full time but the more I think about it I don’t think I’d be able to but I still want the job opportunity. I have my second interview tomorrow do you think I could request part time instead? Or is that a no go? 

Online certification courses from https://newskillsacademics.com/

It is very important that you speak up now.  Of course, you are free to ask about part-time.  If this particular store needs full-time and only wants to hire full-time, you'll be out of the running.  If this store is open to hiring part-time, then you'll be fine.

What you don't want to do is accept full-time and the start missing shifts or quit on them. 

• Scott

Yes it's bad. You are interviewing for a full time position. You are too indecisive. I wouldn't hire you.

You have not even been hired yet. Even if you get the job you wont last 2 weeks.

• ?

Here's the thing, when the position was posted that hiring manager was looking for a full time employee, there might not be any part time positions available.  So be prepared that you may not be the lock for the position you thought you were before.

That doesn't mean you don't do what's best for you - that should always come first.  You definitely need to say if you can't do full time.

• Bill

During your second interview, politely ask if part time positions are available.  You need to have a very good reason for changing your mind.