shantala asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

My dog is whining and barking a lot in the middle of the night. Could a new dog food be causing this restlessness?

Pedigree chicken liver chunks is what I tried giving today.

It needs exercise and attention, and to go out to potty. If you get two dogs they entertain each other.

If you are constantly changing what you feed him, he has a very upset stomach.  Probably has potty issues, constantly changing stool.  This is enough to cause problems.

If you are feeding just canned dog food, I would stop feeding canned food & just feed the Pedigree kibbles.  Get off the canned dog food.  Pedigree kibbles is far better for keeping teeth clean.

I don't think so.  Let me ask a Veterinarian and get back to you.

No likely unless you see diarrhea suggesting tummy upset.  More likely - if this is a MALE dog, the issue is a female in heat or some odd new noise (neighbor coming & going late at night) or an animal - like a cat, raccoon etc. going thru your yard.  If it has turned cold in your location, mice may have moved in...and your dog may be aware of them either dashing about or making nests - behind the walls.

• Amber

Could be or it could be neurological like doggy dementia. Might be a good idea to have a word with the vet.

is he inside. We used to have a dog who barked outside in the middle of the night and the neighbour complained to she slept inside