Robin
Lv 7
Robin asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 2 months ago

Is live pigeon shooting legal on your area ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

We don't have pigeons in Alaska.

• 2 months ago

Yes, outside the city limits.

**hbsizzwell**   When I worked at the Locomotive Crane Works in Bucyrus, we would stay late and shoot pigeons after work. Bucyrus had a helluva crow problem back in the 90's too.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

There are pigeons and then there are pigeons. The vermin Rock pigeons seen at parks and RR stock yards are legal without license and with legal method such as pellet gun inside or shotgun outside city limits. Don't go shooting them in front of mom and the kids, though.

There are protected species, but usually sparsely populated.

• 2 months ago

Back in the 60's in Bucyrus, Ohio, pigeons roosted on the courthouse and were regarded as pests, so 3 men were hired to shoot pigeons with shotguns from the courthouse dome one day.  Dozens of wounded pigeons fell over the town square area. I was a gas station attendant and one wounded, bloodied pigeon crashed onto the hood of a car I was filling up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mr.357
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pigeons are feral.  There is no restrictions on shooting pigeons where I live.

• 2 months ago

Hunting will be banned sometime in December. Before Christmas

• 2 months ago

if it's with a slingshot or a BB gun, it's perfectly fine. You can't legally discharge a firearm within the municipality though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.