Robin
Robin asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 2 months ago

Is live pigeon shooting legal on your area ?

We don't have pigeons in Alaska.

Yes, outside the city limits.

**hbsizzwell**   When I worked at the Locomotive Crane Works in Bucyrus, we would stay late and shoot pigeons after work. Bucyrus had a helluva crow problem back in the 90's too.

• ?

There are pigeons and then there are pigeons. The vermin Rock pigeons seen at parks and RR stock yards are legal without license and with legal method such as pellet gun inside or shotgun outside city limits. Don't go shooting them in front of mom and the kids, though.

There are protected species, but usually sparsely populated.

Back in the 60's in Bucyrus, Ohio, pigeons roosted on the courthouse and were regarded as pests, so 3 men were hired to shoot pigeons with shotguns from the courthouse dome one day.  Dozens of wounded pigeons fell over the town square area. I was a gas station attendant and one wounded, bloodied pigeon crashed onto the hood of a car I was filling up.

• Mr.357

Pigeons are feral.  There is no restrictions on shooting pigeons where I live.

Hunting will be banned sometime in December. Before Christmas

if it's with a slingshot or a BB gun, it's perfectly fine. You can't legally discharge a firearm within the municipality though.