? asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Spooky or not?

Do you think it was spooky that Diana was buried on an Island?

I mean what a lonely place to buried.....would you agree?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In no way is that spooky - she was initially buried there so the hysterical masses couldn't get to her grave.   Whether or not she has since been removed to the family vault has yet to be confirmed, if it ever will be.  Actually I'd think it a rather beautiful quiet and peaceful place to be at eternal rest.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She's buried on her family estate, which has an island.  It's private and quiet and hard to get to.  That's why she's there instead of in a place where the masses can tromp through to her gravesite.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A Great Place Keeps vandals away

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

No, dead is dead. Go into a butchers shop; stick a needle into any carcass, and I guarantee that there will be no reaction from it. As long as the remains are treated with the respect we normally afford the dead, it really doesn't matter where they are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rico
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Her place of burial was chosen with the explicit intent that her sons could go there and remember her in complete privacy and so that her grave not become a place of pilgrimage for her fans.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. Nor do I believe that is where she is buried. Her wish was to be interred with her father in the family vault, the island ruse was to keep away the mawkish, some who  even now are fascinated by her.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You're not "lonely" when you're dead.  And the island was chosen as a way to protect her grave from the waves of hysterical Dianaphiles who might have overwhelmed the Great Brington church where the family vault is located or tried to take souvenirs from a more accessible burial site at Althorp. It also allows for very private visits by her family members.

There's a rumor that her remains were, in fact, removed to the church at some point, once the hysteria had somewhat died down, but I've no way of knowing whether that's true. In a generation or two, when people who remember her alive are mostly dead themselves, her nephew, the current Viscount Althorp, may be upfront about that.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No - not at all.  She's not there, in fact.  Her remains are.  She's dead.  You cannot be lonely after you die - you have ceased to exist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.