?
Lv 7

If "the one who has died has been acquitted from his sin." (New World Translation), Why Did Jesus Have to Pay the Penalty For Sin?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The New World Translation is the product of the Watchtower Society for Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The answer is that our sin against the infinite, holy God is a crime of infinite proportions.  Perfect justice requires an equal punishment for it.  Jesus Christ, is the only possible infinite, holy Perfect Sacrifice that satisfies that perfect justice.

Anything less than an infinite, perfect sacrifice does not compensate for an infinite crime.  Which is why the Jehovah’s Witnesses are in a real bind claiming that Christ was “just a man.”  If He was, then we’re on our own.

• 2 months ago

One created all . It all was lost by one it all was saved by one. Nothing created was created without him from the foundation he was the stone the builders cast out. He is the stone that all is built on. Nothing is written nothing is said or thought without word it is the stone that never changes that all is built on.

• TeeM
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So that the dead could have a hope of a resurrection.

• Jake
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

To pay the price for our sins owed to Divine Justice which we never could pay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

While death is the universal penalty for sin, in many cases it is simply not enough to pay off the sin debt, we owe to God.  

• 2 months ago

The problem is that your question is based on what the heretical NWT says, instead of a REAL Bible.

We are not ACQUITTED of sins because of Jesus's sacrifice for us.  We who believe in Him as God and Savior are seen as JUSTIFIED because of His sacrifice (Luke 18:14, Romans 3:23-30, especially verses 24, 26, 28, Galatians 2:16, 3:6-24).

That is perhaps a subtle difference, but nevertheless an important one.  If my sister tells me that she can't pay her electric bill, I can run down to the electric company building and pay it for her.  The electric company will then see her bill as PAID--JUSTIFIED IN THE COMPANY'S SIGHT.  But that doesn't mean that she was acquitted of the bill.  It doesn't mean that she never owed the debt in the first place.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It means "the one who has died to sin" (Romans 6:1-14) 

"Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed" (I Peter 2:24).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you read the Bible instead of the JW book called the New World Translation you'd understand.

Invisible -- Nobody's saved without repenting.

• 2 months ago

Jesus died for our sins so that we would not have to, the wages of sin is death, someone had to pay. So because He paid for all sin salvation is in Him. Come to Jesus, be born again, and be saved.

• 2 months ago

Explained in Isaiah 53 and 1 Cor. 15:1-4.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.