Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

If you're a pastor and you're not a billionaire, you're doing it wrong. True or False?

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • rick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

True.. Shortly after WWII, our parish priest bought a new car each year. Most of us didn't have cars or only had very old ones. He had a full time live in (female) housekeeper.  Most of my friends fathers were unemployed. He belonged to two country clubs. Each cost about 5 times what the average annual salary was in my neighborhood. If he didn't become a multi millionaire I'd be surprised. Imagine how affluent a Monsignor in an affluent neighborhood must have been.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

false, in many ways we can be pastors and we can be poor and humble in spirit too. however, i wonder how much corruption is among the christian churches and who are actually true teachers of faith and righteousness and then discerning and diving the word of God correctly. they say the bible is the word of God, and it is written that Jesus is !  The

Word of God, but if you think about it,  the bible is not Jesus.

• 2 months ago

Not even close.

My diocese had our Synod last weekend (our meeting where we set the rules), and clergy salaries were set to around $37,000 (Canadian).  This is well below the average for people where we live.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

False

[filler characters]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you're 83 and a billionaire, and you still haven't retired from your 9-5 job, you're doing it wrong. 

• 2 months ago

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

Just the opposite is true.  You  should be  funneling money into God's work, not  your own pocket. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.