Why do girls wear makeup?

when they look so much better without any makeup

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Some girls like to wear makeup.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They feel prettier with it, they like wearing it, or another reason. Most of the time when you think that they're not wearing it, they are but it's more natural looking. 

• 2 months ago

They just like to be more beautiful as their think it is... 

• 2 months ago

They look better with makeup

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

To appear more attractive/prettier. Makeup covers up flaws and uneven tone which makes girls look healthier. even male actors on tv use coverup to look healthier in complexion and contour some features.

• Hayley
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Some girls like to wear makeup.

• 2 months ago

From an evolutionary perspective, men are said to be subconsciously attracted to youthfulness since it's seen as a sign of fertility. Makeup, such as foundation, blush, eye shadow and lipstick in particular, helps enhance this. There have been studies done on this topic and most often, men preferred the woman wearing minimal or "natural" looking makeup, to the woman with caked on makeup or no makeup at all (especially when the woman had uneven complexion). When guys say they prefer no makeup at all, I think a good portion of them actually prefer minimal/natural makeup to no makeup at all (at least according to the studies), without being cognizant of this, as it's said to be on a subconscious level.

As for why women wear makeup, there are varying reasons, but generally I'd say it's to appear more attractive, and can be broken down into either seduction purposes or disguise. Women want to appear more noticeable, boost their confidence and/or attract a mate. Or they want to mask flaws out of insecurity in order to minimize attention, feel better about themselves, blend in and appear more inconspicuous (these women won't wear glamorous makeup; just enough to conceal flaws). Success is another reason, because again, attractive people are treated more favourably. So she might wear makeup at work to appear more "polished" and "professional" or to an interview to "look her best" and so on.

Societal pressure and creative expression/fun could be other reasons or a combination of the aforementioned.

• 2 months ago

Some need it. Trust me. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Some girls like me just like to get done up. I think all girls should get done up as it’s a feminine trait. Some do it for insecurities or just to enhance their look 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No they look ugly without makeup.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.