Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why is suicide illegal and abortion legal?

• gillie

Suicide it NOT illegal.

• Nous

The Irish law was changed recently from a strict no abortion law to one permitting it where the fetus is dying and killing the mother that an abortion would save the mother's life to go on to have another healthy child. Recognizing that to deny a life saving abortion would be the same as murder!

There are also the terrible genetic diseases or deformities that mean a child born would suffer terribly every day of it's life and die in childhood.

There is also the conundrum that there is no such thing as a miscarriage in medicine where it is called a spontaneous abortion. That is a natural way pregnancies are terminated and usually because there is something dreadfully wrong with the fetus. So medicine in helping mothers are actually preventing nature doing it making it necessary for an elective abortion.

Only sensible, considered arguments can change abortion law and extremism is what prevents it!

You make a very good point.  I wonder if anyone is able to provide a well-reasoned, logical defense of it.

I don't think suicide is illegal. Are the police going to put a corpse in jail?

The abortion thing: I just mind my own business.

• Jake

Suicide and abortion must both be illegal to prevent God from punishing the world for these horrible sins.

• ?

suicide is murder, abortion is removing an abscess