Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Is this a good idea?

I've decided to go on a really long leave from work due to no other reason other than wanting to be hard on my coworkers and giving them more work to cover my absence. Is this a good idea or not because I'm one who is losing money?

If your coworkers really did something rude to you to deserve it, and if you can comfortably afford an extended leave, then it might be a good idea... but if your financial situation isn't great, then it's a bad idea

• Foofa

It's a fine example of the expression "cutting your nose off to spite your face".

• kswck2

Apparently, you just can't fix stupid. 

You want to take a leave of absence from your job during a pandemic?  Great story, Scrappy.

Not the best. If you go for long enough your employer might find they can get along without you, especially if you are intent on making yourself unpopular with your co-workers; they can blame you for pretty much anything that goes wrong in your absence.  But it sounds like you really need to be moving jobs anyway.