Is this right or wrong? ?

So of course there’s a pandemic going on and everyone’s has to be cautious. My bf’s mom (Hispanic) works at a nursing center and one day I come over and she’s home in her uniform and with a mask on. I was so confused because usually in my culture (we don’t hug nor give handshakes) but apparently it was rude for me to not even give a handshake even though I greeted the mom. 

Now she doesn’t like me because I was rude? And on top of that when I tried to apologize to her, she was so petty she made an excuse that she was angry that day. She didn’t even wanted to talk to me. She already has history of having bad relationships with her other in-laws. 

Would anyone make the same mistake like me, if you saw someone wearing a mask you would keep a distance and not come near?

• Foofa

Right up until you started comparing cultures this just sounded like a common sense situation. No you shouldn't be hugging anyone you don't live with right now. As a medical adjacent worker your MIL should know that. But you can't start throwing up your cultural differences over something that's just basic pandemic protocol. Have your spouse speak to his/her own mother to try to explain the realities of germs in 2020. 

What does her being Hispanic have to do with anything?

your okay. its her fault for being that way. since you apologized and explained yourself ,no need for her to be so rude

I fail to see how her being Hispanic is important.  No, I say "hi" but don't approach masked people.