Help I’m lost on what to do. ?

Me and my husband have been together for 7 years. About 3 months ago he started hanging out with a friend that is really into drugs such as weed/shrooms anything that makes you trip. I let him know I really don’t want him doing anything like that and that I would most likely leave him. That’s not the person I love or who I know. Mind you I don’t care if others do it I just don’t want it around me or that lifestyle at all. So my husband goes to stay the night at this friends house a few weeks ago saying they were just going to play games and hang out. I trusted him didn’t really worry much. When he comes home he was acting very different so I went through his messages and found out they did shrooms and he hid it from me. I confronted him about it and he said he hid it because he didn’t want me to leave him and he was just curious about it and went on about how do I g shrooms is just like having a beer and how they use it to treat depression and all this bullshit. I told him if he ever did it again I would leave and he agreed. I recently went through his phone because I can’t trust him and he is already talking with his friends about how they are going to go do it again and looking up what type of weed is good and a bunch of bullshit. I’m so lost on what to do I’m

Not sure if I should be mad? Just leave it be? Leave him for lying and not taking my feelings into consideration. 

Well he told me he wasn’t going to stop because I didn’t have a good enough reason for him to stop getting high. 

• Foofa

It may take being serious about leaving him to get him to snap out of it. At least it doesn't sound like they're doing anything addictive or capable of causing a fatal overdose. But if he's talking about depression it could be he needs to get an assessment for that condition so he can medicate it the right way. The research on psilocybin mushrooms is not only still in its infancy but the condition it's being tested for is PTSD, not depression. Sounds like your husband just wants to escape mentally and that maybe the drugs aren't the problem but are the symptom of the problem. 

Maybe you're better off finding someone better for now zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

make sure you are ready, what ever you decide.

She didn't get kicked out of her house because of you. She got kicked out because she made the wrong choice in a parental ultimatum. She could go back, promise to never see you again, and they'd probably let her come home. It's you they don't want in their lives.

That makes it easy, right? All you have to do is tell her you don't love her, you're sorry for stringing her along for two years (which you did), suggest that she reconcile with her parents, but either way, you want her gone by the end of the month.

Then show that you're not a gutless wonder after all by telling her that this time it's decisively over, you'll never try to contact her again, and you expect the same. more detailshttps://www.digistore24.com/redir/302188/suranga12...   

Reading this, I doubt you’ll leave. You say you will, but he’s already done it once and now planning a second time and here you are, still with a stupid ring on your finger. 

He agreed that you should leave, so leave...  

First off, weed does not make you 'trip', but Shrooms do. Mushrooms are a hallucinating drug, as poison runs through your bloodstream. They are illegal, dangerous and it's stupid for anyone to do "shrooms".  As for weed, if he is just starting this I would nip it in the bud and if he's been doing it, I'm curious if you have kids. Smoking weed is irresponsible as an adult and as a parent, and is definitely grounds for separation. If you allow this it will only escalate. Healthy people do not use drugs to make themselves happy. There is really no good excuse for your husband to begin using drugs. you have every right to be upset and if I were you I would leave.

As much as I love my wife, if she started doing drugs I would give her notice to choose between us. If she ever did drugs again she'd be gone. You cannot ever trust an addict and marriage is based upon reust.

• Strand

Don't give an ultimatum if you aren't prepared to follow through. If you were serious about divorcing over this, then you already know what needs to happen next. But it doesn't sound like you were serious, it was an empty threat and he knows it. He isn't going to stop experimenting with drugs, so the only option you are left with now is to compromise. He needs to stop lying. He also needs to be upfront about how much he is spending, how often he is using, and what kind of risks he is taking. Set some reasonable boundaries and expectations. If that can't happen, then you have bigger problems in your marriage than the drugs.

• Murzy

Kick him out the door. He will beg to come back.