Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Who gets payed if my son crashes my car and he is not at fault? ?

What is likely to happen if your adult child drives your car and he gets into an accident and he is not at fault? How is compensation distributed? Do I keep all the settlement cash from the at fault driver's insurance since it's my car? What if my son sustains injuries? 

Get an attorney that specializes in personal injury cases.  

Source(s): life

You get only the compensation that is for the damage to the car.  He gets the compensation that is for his injuries.

Likely both of you, you compensated for the car, him for everything else.

• Tavy

Presume your son is insured. Any injuries to him he keeps. The insurer pays for the car repairs.

You get nothing.

Paid?  The registered owner of the vehicle collects on his/her collision insurance for the damage to the car.  That person's insurance carrier then files against the other driver's coverage for reimbursement including the deductible which YOU pay, and then it sends that deductible to you.

What compensation are you asking about?  If you are in a no-fault State the insurance on the car pays the medical bills without question up to a certain dollar limit.

If your son sustains injuries no-fault pays.  If you are NOT in a no-fault State and your son has medical bills he files against the other driver.  If your son has pain and suffering he sues the other driver.

The insurance company will cover the cost of repairing your car. Your son will receive all compensation money since he was the one injured, you were not injured, therefore you will not receive any settlement money.