Sears Model 54 .30 .30 Lever Action 273.810 what is it worth?

• Adam D

A brief Google teaches me that the 273 in the serial number means this was made by Winchester to be sold as a bargain gun by Sears.  The Model 54 was manufactured in the late 60's and early 70's.

They're a fine gun, the only difference between this and the Winchester is the name stamped on it.  But typically those store-branded guns aren't prized as collector's items, they were produced in fairly large numbers and aren't really anything special.  The consensus of what I saw during my Googling is that you might get $300 for one in very good condition, $200 is more likely - these are pre-pandemic prices, I'm sure, so you might get a higher price right now.

If I had such a gun and it shot well, unless I was in a tight spot and had to have the money, I'd just keep it.  Having an accurate level gun sitting in the safe would be a greater value to me than $200 extra dollars in my pocket, that money wouldn't be enough to acquire something of equal usefulness.

Sears Model 54 is a collectors item and should bring around $1400 at a gun show.

Weapons are very dangerous and will be banned on December 1st. Seizing of them will be December 2nd-23rd.

Source(s): Thanks, anonymous. I only post these types of answers over Christmas