Anonymous

Should i take the risk?

Hi everyone, I need some advice from those are not my friends. I have some life changes in progress. I have been applying for jobs in the city I will be in and have gotten work interviews or the opposite reaction of once I do get a phone interview and realize that I'm in one city but not in the other, the pretty much close the interview. I disclose in my cover letters I'm relocating and let the potential employers know I just need a job offer and 2 weeks notice since my stuff is already moved. I just can't quit my job and move because like everyone else , have bills to pay.

Should I really risk quitting and live where I want be or should I wait a bit longer?? I know the virus has made circumstances more complex.

Your post is confusing.  Either you have a place to live/address in the new city or you do not.  If you've moved your stuff and have a legal address, you can use that legal address as your current address.  Employers don't necessarily need to know where you are right now.

Only you know the type of jobs you're applying for, the market for those position in the new city, and what your current financial situation is.  I'd suggest the you do what you can to minimize your expenses and plan to move to the new city in January.  Other than seasonal jobs, there generally isn't a lot of hiring going on in the month of December, so you might not get much action or traction if you are not already in the interview process.  

If your belongings are already moved, why do the potential employers know anything about your current living arrangements.

Do they want in person interviews and you can't do that?  Tell them what you have told us here.  Your formal address is already in your new city but you are unable to physically move until you have a formal job offer.

I would recommend quitting your job and just taking a few years to find yourself.