?
Lv 4
? asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Takeout dinner provided in a large cloth thermal bag: return it to the restaurant?

A private club where I am a member had take-out Thanksgiving dinners this year.  I picked up mine for my family: they came in a huge black thermal bag: a cloth exterior, metallic interior and a beautiful logo on the outside.  A letter enclosed in it stated that the food thermometer is a gift.  

Nothing said that the bag should be returned to the club, but I assume it would be, right?  

If so, I’ll email the club and just ask if it can be returned next time I’m there.

Or would I keep the bag?  Surely it can be reused, and it’s beautiful.  But it must be expensive.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I am betting that with the virus concerns, you keep the bag.  Even without virus concerns, I would think the bag was meant to be kept. Places of business get those kinds of things in bulk and good prices and are often considered a part of the advertising costs. YOU get a lovely bag to reuse and when folks ask where you got it, and you tell them or they notice the logo, that private club just got advertising, all based on a bag.

• 2 months ago

A private club is a little fancy so I think it was meant as a gift with the meal.

• 2 months ago

If they didn't tell you to return it, it's likely to be something you can keep, but it won't hurt to ask if you're unsure.

• 2 months ago

I am guessing that bag was a gift, and as such you can keep it. The person who delivered it would have told you otherwise if it was meant to go back.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'd take it back the next time you go there.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The thermal bag is a thermometer, it is a gift.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Member dues paid for the bags. You can ask the management, but they should have told you to return it if they wanted to have them sanitized clean and re-used. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.