How to get a drug addicted boyfriend to quit drugs?

He spends all his money robs me and when I get upset about him robbing me he looks over what he did and he acts like I shouldn't be upset. I just want him to be sober again and he keeps saying he will go to rehab but doesn't end up going. I just feel so sad and hurt that someone I have known for so long is this way to me now he even went as far as stealing my car for a night and blocking my number to do so how do I get him to go back to the way he was before?

Hello, a update I broke up with him when after he robbed me and I asked why he robbed me (hoping for remorse or something) he said "I dont know what to tell you" and then after I broke up with him he said

"Dude just send 106$ i will pay you back Friday please"

"I promise last time I ask again"

I just do not understand how a person can be so corrupt by a drug (crack) 

• ?

That is something humanly impossible .Treat him like a corona virus and get rid of hm. It is nice to see that you have broken up with him.

You can't make someone quit drugs, or drinking, or smoking. They have to quit because they want something better. And until that time, they won't stop. 

Sadly many never have that "aha" moment, and end up destroying their lives. Some however do, but normally they have to lose everything before it hits them.

• k w

he has to want to......the only way it will work.....

• MissA

Break up with him.

As you do so, tell him, "If you can get sober for six months and you want to get back together then, I'll consider it."

• ?

Why on earth are you with this man? He clearly doesn't love or care for you if he steals from you in order to get high. Leaving him might possibly shock him into mending his ways, so pack your bags and go. Don't warn him because he is likely to take anything he can from you.

Good Luck!

• ?

Short answer - you can't.  Whatever it is that has a hold on him is stronger than you.  You need to take care of yourself, and that means leaving him.  He has you to lean on, which enables his addiction. Many have to try multiple times to get clean and some never manage it.  As hard as it is, you need to walk away from this.

• God

You need to give him an ultimatum.  Kick drugs or you're gone. 

• Ana

Look in the mirror. Ask yourself if you love him and are going to stay with him. If the answer is yes, then smack yourself hard across the face for being so stupid. Keep smacking yourself until either the answer turns to “No”, or until Darwinism takes effect   

Hard Drugs destroy a persons brain and soul. There’s no saving them. This isn’t like an occasional drink, or smoking weed... this is CRACK you are talking about here. His mind is ruined. He’s finished. Get off that sinking ship!

By leaving him.

• Barry

The sad fact is that only he can make the decision to stop. Walk away or you will be in the mire with him forever. If he stops permanently you can return. But don't hold your breath.