🎄 Where you glad your parents told you Santa was real as a kid or not?

My parents always told us that Santa wasn’t real so we never believed in Santa.  We knew our parents gave us the gifts.  I always wondered what it was like being brought up thinking Santa was real and then finding out he wasn’t.  If you thought he was real did you get mad when you found out he wasn’t.  Do you think it is better to tell kid’s the truth of let them believe the fantasy?  Why or why not?  Would you rather have known where the gifts really came from or not?  

• Cogito
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it made my childhood Christmases really magical.  When I figured it out, I was a bit sad but not at all mad at them.

I told my own daughter about Father Christmas/Santa and she loved the whole thing too.  When she found out, she understood completely and was very glad that I'd allowed her to believe in such a wonderful fantasy.

• ?

no but it was not the end of the world.