Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Is PTSD a disability?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

@John further down the posts.......

"PTSD is a fake disorder, suffered by cowards".

Tell us John, what medical school did you attend to get your medical degree?

Let's see, how about your Naval ship running over a Soviet submarine in the middle of the night in the Sea of Japan?

What about your helo losing lift due to a jet on the flight deck turning and blowing the air from beneath your rotor blades and you and your helo take a dump into the Indian Ocean?

How about losing a friend that you saw and spoke with 20 minutes prior to him being killed in action in Panama Operation Just Cause

How about laying on the floor of a building with numerous other people in the Kobar Towers in Saudi Arabia watching the SCUDS coming in while laying there in MOPP level 4?

How about some of those SCUDS missiles hitting barracks nearby killing fellow servicemembers, and then helping search for wounded and dead troops?

Oh, what about serving in Afghanistan, mortar firefights, sunrise have to go and pick up their body parts and put them in a body bag? Let's not forget having to go into empty buildings looking for bomb parts, weapons, etc?

Ever been in a firefight in the pitch black of night? They would only attack after 10 pm, so you work all day, then fight half the night.........just to come home to listen to skirt wearing LOSERS like flap their mouths about something that shows your stupidity.

Ever hear of " Soldier's Heart"?, "shell shock"? "Combat fatigue"?, "combat neurosis", "battle exhaustion"? Probably not, but instead of flapping your stupid mouth, do some research on the topic. No matter which name you use to call it, there have been stories from medical and military as far back as Roman soldiers.

And lastly, maybe this will kick you in your ignorance, still, today, 22 veterans/troops take their lives each day.

So yeah stupid my brothers and I are just faking the PTSD, and we're coward's. Tell you what, in a firefight, I'd much rather stand with 5 vets, than 100 stupid losers like you.

• 2 months ago

Perhaps.  We pay folks a lifetime of welfare disability benefits, despite there being successful treatments.

There is no incentive to seek treatment, or admit improvement as the welfare check would dry up!!

P.S.  Some.....not all!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, a friend of mine had a very unpleasant experience in Bosnia of having the duty of  shooting the stray dogs that were digging up human remains before the war crimes people could get to the body dumps. Sniping at former family pets is not so much fun. 

I do not think he is faking. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It can be but too many that are collecting on it are fraud

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, it is.                  

Source(s): Infantry veteran
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes and no. Being in the military and seeing your friends' head ;blown off,yes.   

Flunking a 10th grade algebra test,no way

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not necessarily.  

• 2 months ago

Yes and no.    It is if you have a reason to have it,  it is causing you problems and it has been diagnosed by a psychiatrist.    It is not just because you say you have it or your lawyer says you have it.   

• 2 months ago

Yes, you could say mental illness but i prefer mental condition.

• 2 months ago

Very much so. It is a legit disability that can cripple a person.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.