Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Why does it seem like most are hookers?

I live in LA. It seems like most young women are hookers or have done it. I also noticed a great deal of them sell nudes and have an onlyfans. Then when you think you've found a decent female they think they're going to get so many free things out of you. What is it with young women in LA and all throughout southern California thinking men are some kind of ATM??? Is it because rent is so expensive in California or are women doing this throughout America and manipulate men with sexual desire just in general???

Favorite Answer

California is a expensive state. Statistically, women earn less than men, so many women turn to sex work for survival and start using men as ATMs. It's not a state to live in unless you have plenty of resources. This is what fascism has done to society 

• ?

There's certainly a lot of territory between "hookers" and "have done it"* But yeah, you find something similar in Las Vegas, NYC, Miami and other "destination" cities where half the people there are from somewhere else and just arrived looking to get famous. But it's not just to pay the rent, it's in the hopes that someone who can help their careers will see it and give them a chance to get their foot in the door. 

*Guessing by your use of this phrase that you're in high school. 

I have no problem with either prostitutes or their customers as long as everybody participates voluntarily, and keeps their end  of the bargain. Prostitution should be legal.

But, you know the old saying, "When all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"?

When you're puritanical about sex, and have a John's mentality... all women look like hookers.

• Jerome

I seem to remember hearing this alot when feminism became mainstream....."sex sells"......🤔

And I AM hating because I believe them....👁️

I live in Cali and I don't know any hookers. Maybe it's because I live in a nice neighborhood but I work in the city and still, don't know any hookers. Most people I know are happily married or in serious relationships and most of the women I know work in respectable jobs. 

• Mier

I live in LA too and this isn’t just an LA thing bro. Women are vain and superficial in all the big name cities. New York City and Miami aren’t any different. 

It seems that the only people whom would have such a disrespectful opinion of more worthy women would be self centered immature boys like you. Posting such personal information may not always be wise for given women to do. But it doesn't in itself make them nor define "them" as "hookers." However this being said even "if" a select few "women' had chosen that path in life; it certainly doesn't make them less worthy as people. Consider this FOOL. Perhaps the "few" women whom you have meant says more about your "imperfections' than theirs? If you are basing your pathetic self righteous view about others based on a given "website;" it appears to me that it is "you" whom are the less than worthy person that most of the more worthy women in our world wouldn't want anything to do with in the first place.

I hear L.A. is a very superficial place. It takes money for a woman to keep herself looking good and living a good life, so it's not surprising that it's full of gold diggers. And in general most women would rather have a man with money. Why be with a poor man when you can have one who can do things for you and give you a better life?