Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

What do vegans eat at Thanksgiving with the family?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ted
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Vegans eat vegetables, legumes, fruit, etc.  

• garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

what else but fake turkey , heard of fake beat havent you .

• 2 months ago

vegan food would be my guess. I have heard of something called tofurkey that is served, or a loaf made from nuts and other ingredients. 

• 2 months ago

The same as they eat any other time of the year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ToFurky usually. A strange dish. 

• 2 months ago

Some have a big plate of sadness, knowing it makes them holier. Others demand Grandma make a second vegan version of each dish to accommodate them, because they are holier. Others demand that the entire meal is vegan, because they are holier.

In my opinion, vegans should either bring their own food, or eat beforehand. It's about the people, not the food. Quit inconveniencing people or trying to force your lifestyle on everyone else.

• fuzzy
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

They eat their hearts out watching Christmas movies with them 20lb Turkeys on the table

• 2 months ago

Depends on the friends/family gathering. Growing up, in the 60s and 70s, there were always lots of non meat sides, during holiday meals. If there were people or family coming, that could not eat meat or meat products, that was easy enough to work around, especially with the number of cooks that would be contributing to the meals.

So there would be more than enough foods, sides, salads, desserts, chops, snacks, crackers, dips and spreads to go around. And any hard core picky eaters, for whatever reason, (medical, religious, dietary) , would bring a dish or two to share. 

So for my extended family and friends , it was never an issue. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Veggie alternatives?,  there are some good recipes,  and tasty sides.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.