Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

If I work as a waitress can I give makeup brochures with the coffee when I serve it do you think I can find customers?

Ask yourself this, if you worked  at a make up counter would you try to sell some sort of coffee to people as a side line along with the make up?

Even if your employer approved it, it would still be inappropriate. 

• ?

No, that would be inappropriate. You are employed to serve coffee, not run your own business.

Yes you do... ...

• fcas80

I  don't disagree with the other answers, but let me give you an example.  Suppose you invite 15 women to your home for a makeup demonstration.  Would you be OK if one of them handed out brochures for their coffee shop?

When I am a customer in one place, I don't think management wants my attention diverted to another business.

• ?

you can as long as the owners are okay with it

Your employer would not allow that,so no.

Not if you need tips. 

• V.G

You'd probably be fired on the spot. Ask the boss if you can put some brochures on the counter  or by the till (cash register.)

That is called soliciting on the job, and I highly doubt your boss will allow that!